Tuesday 4 December 2012

Addictions

I'm addicted to music. It is a serious addiction that I really think I need to cure. But it's sooo good. When I listen to music, I feel at home, I feel like every note the singer belts out is part of my own skin, and that every tone and every melody is part of my own mind. It calms me, it soothes me, and it creates me.

But then, when I don't listen to music at all during the day, I become restless, I don't even know why. Like, I have to move, and I become more irritable. It's weird. It's like, I need to have my daily dose of Les Miserable songs, or maybe even my Evanescence shot. Does anyone else have this?

I also have a strong addiction with writing. I have to write something everyday; it can be anything, as long as I'm writing. I could work on one of my two books in process, or I could write a poem, or a short story, anything! As long as I'm putting my thoughts down on paper, I'm cured. If I don't write, I feel like every thing's closing in on me, like I'm being trapped inside my everyday life. Writing is an outlet, so to say, where it doesn't matter that I over-think things too much, in fact in writing, it's good to over think things, since it can create a more intense plot.

I'm also addicted to movies. Not TV shows, movies. It's not so bad as the first two addictions I have, but I have to watch movies whenever I can! I have a whole huge list of movies I want to see, and I watch like, three or four every week. I absolutely love it. Getting lost in the intensity of the movie, feeling as if you're actually watching people converse. I absolutely love it.

Well, those are my addictions. If any of you agree, then leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment