Friday 28 December 2012

Crappy News

My aunt has Cancer. For the third time, too. You'd think that after a certain point of pain and struggle that life would give you a little break, no? Well, not for my aunt.
I can't believe this is happening to her. I don't know how she can do it, survive this. They're not sure how bad it is, or even where it is, but they know she does have it. She also has this fluid build up in her stomach, and they might have to do surgery on it to drain it. For now, they're just trying to trace where the fluid build-up is happening in the body.
I just can't believe that this is happening to her. But she's strong. She's the strongest person I know. You know the second time she had Cancer, the doctor told her that if she didn't take the chemotherapy  she would die within the month. She didn't do it. That was seven years ago.
And the first time, over eight different doctors said that she had to buy a wig because with the chemotherapy she would definitely lose her hair.
She never lost one strand.
I love her so much, she's so strong, and she doesn't let anything get her down.
If I could, I would trade places with her, and take the cancer just so she could live, and I swear, whether you believe it or not I would. I love her to death. And it will break my heart to see her have to go through this again, not knowing if this will be the time that it finally claims her.
And the saddest part is, in her head, this is probably what she's thinking,
"Shit, okay. I have Cancer again. Fuck. Well, I'll just have to do the whole thing again. Okay, baby steps. Let's do this."
She's the bravest person I know too. She's a fighter that one, a soul stronger than most. I just hope that she makes it through. I'm so scared, and I don't even have Cancer. I just want her to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment