Tuesday 11 December 2012

Life of Pi

Oh, wow. Life of Pi.
That was an insanely good movie.
The way they made that movie, how they fit everything together, was just incredible. I've never seen filmography done that well before. Props.
(SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!! DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE MOVIE)

I loved how they made the entire boat white, and the water so calm, it just created this image of unworldliness. (I know it's not a word but I'm using it).

And the tiger was beautiful. I know sometimes you could tell it was CGI BUT COME ON! Like they would use a real tiger to shoot the movie. We would end up with many dead actors for Piscine Molitor Patel (I have no idea if I spelt that right).

When the tiger jumped out from under the tarpaulin, I jumped out of my skin. And I was so sad when the orangutan died!! And the island....gave me chills.

But really, when you think about it, this story had a much more meaningful message than just how to survive when you've got a tiger on board. It spoke paragraphs about the human mind. About survival of the fittest. About how it feels when you've got nothing left but the courage to go on. Pi never once really thought of just letting the tiger kill him; the fact that the tiger could kill him was what made him go on. Imagine that? You're out in the middle of the pacific ocean with no one else but a tiger. The only reason you have to live is; what? Your family's dead, no one in, well, anywhere realizes you're alive, and still; you want to live. Why?
Because all humans have that in them. The thing that makes them want to live. That one little reason, living, that shows in every single thing on this planet, not just humans. Birds, snakes, fish, animals of all kind, and even plants. We all want to live.

Now the question is; which story do you believe? I myself prefer the tiger story, because I'd like to believe in magic islands, even ones that will eat you alive if you stay too long, but that's just me. Which one do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment